2. Who we are
- 2.1 Here are the details that the Data Protection Act 1998 says we have to give you as a 'data controller':
- 2.1.1 Our site is: www.lawgap.co.uk
- 2.1.2 Our company name is: lawgap ltd
2.1.3 Our address is:
Borehamwood Hertfordshire WD6 2BT
3. What we may collect
- 3.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 3.1.1 information you put into forms or surveys on our site at any time. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask for your information when you report a problem with our site;
- 3.1.2 a record of any correspondence between us;
- 3.1.3 details of transactions you carry out through our site
- 3.1.4 details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- 3.1.5 information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system etc) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- 3.2 Please note that we do not store credit card details and we do not share customer details with any third parties without the customer's consent.
5. How we use what we collect
- 5.1 We use information about you to:
- 5.1.1 present site content effectively to you;
- 5.1.2 provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you;
- 5.1.3 carry out our work with you;
- 5.1.4 allow you to use our interactive services if you want to;
- 5.1.5 tell you about charges to our service; and
- 5.1.6 tell you about other goods and services that might interest you. We will also let selected third parties do this, and we (or they) may contact you about these.
- 5.2 If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you.
- 5.3 If you are a new customer and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
- 5.4 If you don't want to be contacted for marketing purposes, or you do not wish us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen when we collect your data.
- 5.5 Please note: we don't identify individuals to our advertisers, but we do give them aggregate information to help them reach their target audience, and we may use information we have collected to display advertisements to that audience.
6. Where we store your data
- 6.1 We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
- 6.3 Any payment transactions will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don't share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
7. Disclosing your information
- 7.1 We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- 7.1.1 if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer;
- 7.1.2 If we want to sell or buy any business, or assets, we can disclose your personal data to the potential buyer or seller of such business or assets;
- 7.1.3 we can disclose it to other businesses in our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiary as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- 7.1.4 We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights; and
- 7.1.5 We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
8. Your rights
- 8.1 You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at info@Lawgap.co.uk
- 8.2 The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. We can charge you a fee (currently £10) for this service.
9. Links to other sites
- 9.1 Please note that our Terms and Conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.
- 9.2 Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility of liability for these policies.