Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 Welcome to Lawgap
This page tells you the terms on which you may use our website www.lawgap.co.uk and the software that we provide. Please read carefully before use. By using the site, you accept the terms and agree to obey them. If you don't accept them, please don't use the site.
2. Who We Are
- 2.1 The site www.lawgap.co.uk is operated by LawGap which is a UK limited company registered in England under company number 
- 2.2 Here are some important details about us:
2.2.1 Trading Address:
Borehamwood Hertfordshire WD6 2BT
2.2.2 Registered Office: :
Borehamwood Hertfordshire WD6 2BT
3. Use of the Site: General Terms
- 3.1 You have permission for temporary, non-exclusive use of the site, but we can withdraw or change our service at any time without telling you and without being legally responsible to you. We can also allow anyone else to use the site and the documents that we make available on the site.
- 3.2 You are responsible for configuring your own computer and software to access our software and the material on our site. Although we try to protect our site, we are not responsible for any viruses, bugs or similar problems and you should use your own virus protection software. We don't give you any warranty that the way we deliver data to you is compatible with your software or with the way your computer is configured.
- 3.3 You must treat all identification codes, passwords and other security information as confidential. If we think you have failed to keep confidentiality, we are allowed to disable any security information (including your passwords and codes).
- 3.4 You agree to follow our Acceptable Use Policy.
- 3.5 If you allow anyone else to use our site, you must make sure that they read these terms first, and that they follow them.
- 3.6 Only use the site as allowed by law and these terms. If you don't, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely.
- 3.7 We frequently update the site and make changes to it, but we don't have to do this, and material on the site may be out-of-date. Please note in particular that we do not store credit card details and currently we may share customer details with a third party only if you opt to require representation by an advocate/barrister at Court.
4. Documents Section: Specific Terms including Support
- 4.1 If you first pay the appropriate fee (shown on the site when you make your request) you may:
- 4.1.1 Use document from the site in its current form;
- 4.1.2 partially or fully edit the document;
- 4.1.4 Optionally buy the service to have one of our legal assistants consider the document for you.
- 4.1.5 You may download or copy the information and advice contained on the site for your own personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content.
- 4.2 In this case, you are solely responsible for the appropriate use and editing of the documents that you use from us. In particular you agree that:
- 4.2.1 we are not giving you any legal, financial, tax or other advice;
- 4.2.2 we do not give you any assurance or guarantee that our documents are suitable, sufficient or appropriate for the use to which you put them (whether they are unedited, or edited by you or anyone else;
- 4.2.3 we exclude all legal responsibility and costs for reliance placed by anyone on this site and on the Lawgap documents.
- 4.3 If you first pay the appropriate fee agreed with your Lawgap advisor dealing with your document, you may employ one of the Lawgap advisors operating with Lawgap to partially or fully edit a document for the period of time purchased. In this case you agree that:
- 4.3.1 you will supply in writing to the Lawgap advisor all information that is relevant to the editing of the document, otherwise known as the ‘questionnaire’ which will be requested for you to complete;
- 4.3.2 all information that you give to the Lawgap advisor is true and complete when given and that you will promptly correct and update it as necessary;
- 4.3.3 all editing carried out by the Lawgap advisor relates only to the transaction and information as described in writing by you and not to any other transaction or circumstances;
- 4.3.4 the Lawgap advisor will not give you any financial, valuation, or tax advice;
- 4.3.5 Neither the Lawgap advisor or Lawgap will be responsible for any financial, valuation, or tax consequences of the editing that the Lawgap advisor carries out for you;
- 4.3.6 the Lawgap advisor will only be required to take instructions from you, and not from any other person;
- 4.3.7 the Lawgap advisor will carry out the editing within a reasonable time and will deliver it to you by email no later than the number of days after it has been requested, which has been agreed by the Lawgap advisor with you.
- 4.3.7 You may not publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement.
- 4.3.8In no event shall Lawgap be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the documents, this Web site or the support service whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, except in relation to death or personal injury for which no limit shall apply. The liability of Lawgap for direct loss arising out of the use of the documents, this Web site, and the support service whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise is limited to the total value of the transactions under which the claim arises for any one event or series of connected events.
- 4.3.9 Every endeavour will be taken to ensure that the divorce pack is updated regularly to ensure its accuracy. It is our belief that our divorce pack provides clients with the necessary legal documents and information to complete their divorce. Our divorce pack is for information purposes only and does not provide legal advice, we recommend that you take the advice of a solicitor before proceeding. Note: You will have to pay a fee of £410 to the Court for getting a divorce. Court Fees are set by the UK Government but you may be exempt under the remissions scheme if you have a low income or in receipt of benefits.
- 4.3.10 Lawgap will provide technical support via email to help you through the process of downloading the forms and begin using them.
5. Legal Advice Section: specific terms
- 5.1 We will a provide assistance with general queries regarding the completion of the relevant fields of the forms, however we are not legal advisers and are not authorised to provide legal advice
- 5.2 If you request legal representation at a listed Court Hearing in conjunction with a pack you have purchased through Lawgap then any advice provided to you by your barrister will be treated independently from Lawgap.
- 5.3If you are not satisfied with your representation you are to follow the complaints procedure as outlined upon the chambers to which your chosen Barrister is affiliated to and not Lawgap
6. Delivery Times
6.1. We will make every reasonable effort to dispatch your completed divorce petition the same day, if submitted before 2.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding National UK holidays) or within 48 hours if the completed divorce petition is submitted outside the stated working hours.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
- 7.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site (for example the copyright and any rights in the designs) and in any of the material and documents posted on it. They are protected by copyright and you may only use the material and the documents on these terms.
- 7.2 If you breach these terms, you lose your right to use our site, and must destroy or return any copies of documents you have made.
8. Our Legal responsibility to you
- 8.1 We do not guarantee the accuracy of material on our site, and you are responsible for the use to which you put material and documents that you access on our site. As far as legally possible, we exclude legal responsibility for any loss to you arising from use of our site (examples being: loss of income, profit, business, data, contracts, goodwill or savings).
- 8.2 We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes.
- 8.3 We don't exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
- 8.4 We will try to make sure that customer data is stored securely and backed-up. If we lose or damage it we will try to restore it. But if it is lost or damaged by a third party, we are not responsible to you unless they cause the loss or damage when working on it for us.
- 8.5 We will not provide LawGap services for longer than the period that you have purchased.
- 8.6 You agree that our maximum liability to you for any one claim that you bring against us will be limited to the amount for which you are billed or, if it is more than that, five times the value of the 'consideration' you receive (which means the value of the payments or other benefits you get in return for what you do or give under the contract). 'One claim' includes:
- 8.6.1 all claims arising from a single matter or transaction (regardless of whether or not they are related); and
- 8.6.2 all claims arising:
- (i) from a series of related acts or failures to act;
- (ii) from the same or similar act or failure to act in a series of related matters or transactions; and
- (iii) from similar acts or failures to act in a series of related matters or transactions.
- 8.7 You agree with us (and also for the benefit of any person who works for us, whether as an employee, consultant, self-employed contractor, or in any other capacity (a 'Connected Person') that LawGap alone will be legally responsible to you for matters arising from www.lawgap.co.uk documents or services. No Connected Person will be personally responsible (i.e. legally liable) to you whether under the law of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
9. Refusal or Discontinuation of Service
1. 8.1 You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LawGap from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, LawGap or any other party or parties without limitation or exception. This indemnification and hold harmless agreement extends to all issues associated with your account, including but not limited to domain name selection and Web Site content.
9. Refusal or Discontinuation of Service
1. 9.1 LawGap reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone at LawGaps sole discretion. LawGap may deny you access to all or part of the service without notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that LawGap in its sole discretion believes violates any of the terms and conditions in this agreement. LawGap shall have no responsibility to notify any third-party providers of services, merchandise, or information, nor any responsibility for any consequences resulting from such discontinuance or lack of notification. You agree that LawGap has the right to monitor the service electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy the law, or to protect itself or its subscribers. LawGap reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this agreement.
10. No Warranties
1. 10.1 LawGap makes no warranties or representations of any kind for the services being offered. While all reasonable efforts have been made by the copyright owners of the documents, and by LawGap Limited, to ensure that the information supplied is accurate, no warranties can be given of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the documents which may be downloaded from the site, or any other information contained on the site. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No advice or information given by LawGap or its agents or employees shall create a warranty. LawGap provides no warranty that the service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible on the service is free from viruses or other harmful components. Under no circumstances shall LawGap be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the service, or for third parties' use of the service to access your Web space, or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or your or any third parties' reliance on or use of information, services, or merchandise provided on or through the service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with LawGap service or any of its terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the service.
11. Cancellations and Refunds
1. 11.1 If you need to make a complaint, cancel your service or request a refund please 11.2 follow our complaints procedure which can be found here.
2. 11.3 Our Divorce services are valid for a period of 6 months only. After this period, 11.4 you may only be able to reactivate your account for a fee of £25. This is as a result of administrative costs. We strongly advise and remind you therefore to complete your questionnaire and download your divorce documents as soon as you have ordered them.
3. 11.5 Refunds are not eligible in respect of DIY packs only.
4. 11.6 You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract unless you have purchased a package which involves digital or downloaded content.
5. 11.7 To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us, LawGap, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). Once your cancellation statement has been received we will communicate with you an acknowledgement of receipt and take necessary action.
6. 11.8 If you requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
12. Customer Care/Complaints
12.1We have always prided ourselves in providing a full customer care service and it is our intention to deal promptly with all complaints that may arise in relation to the service that we provide within 14 days of receipt of the complaint. Normally, replies to any complaint would be made by E-mail or, if required, we can ensure that we can provide a telephone facility to discuss matters of a more complex nature if so required.
13. Computer Offences
- 13.1 If you do anything which is a criminal offence under a law called the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the site will end straightaway. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity.
- 13.2 Examples of computer misuse include introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material.
- 13.3 You mustn't try to get access to our server or any connected database or make any 'attack' on the site. We won't be legally responsible to you for any damage from viruses or other harmful material that you pick up via our site.
- 14.1 We change these terms from time to time and you must check them for changes because they are binding on you.
15. Law which applies to disputes
- 15.1 The English courts have the only right to hear claims related to our site, and all disputes are governed by English law.
16. Telephone Conversations
1. 16.1 Please note that some if not all telephone conversations will be recorded.
17. Contact Us
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us about any issues.
Contact telephone number: 02035380102